I can't stop raving about meal planning services. They've helped my family eat healthier while saving us tons of time.
Just think about it. Grocery shopping is expensive, and so is eating out. These services offer meal plans at discounted prices so that you can have more time for yourself.
I got a chance to try four of these amazing services and I'm here to share my experiences with you.
Each one has some amazing perks, so read each one carefully to see which one is right for you and your family!
Make dinner in just 15 minutes
I find that the most difficult part about cooking is the prep work. Once that's done, you toss the ingredients in your cooking pot and you're minutes away from having a delicious meal.
This is why I love Gobble.
The chefs at this meal service company do all the hard work for you, like peeling onions, chopping vegetables, and marinating the meat (in the most delicious marinade ever, I must add).
Being a mom of two and working full-time, I could really use some time for myself.
Gobble helps me serve a delicious and nutritious meal to my family in only 15 minutes.
I heard about Gobble through Parents Magazine, who rated this meal company as the best in the business. I must say, I haven't been disappointed with my subscription thus far.
Let me explain how it works:
- Choose your meals from a weekly menu. They have gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options available too.
- Gobble chefs prep your meal so you can save time on cooking and washing dishes.
- You'll receive your kit in a refrigerated box at your doorstep at whatever time you like (you can adjust the time so it works with your schedule).
Plans & Pricing:
- The two person plan receives 6 meals each week portioned for two people. Each meal costs $12, so it will come out to be $71 for your weekly delivery plus $7 shipping.
- The four person meal plan receives 12 meals each week portioned for four people. The total for your weekly delivery will come out to $143 plus $7 shipping.
Choose from a list of delicious recipes
What I love about Marley Spoon is that they're committed to providing excellent customer service.
Their meal options are both healthy and delicious, which has lessened the burden on me to constantly have to make top-notch meals for my family.
Marley Spoon takes customer satisfaction very seriously. They want dinnertime to be enjoyable, and they'll strive to make that happen.
Every day you wake up, you'll feel excited knowing that you're going to try something new.
Their recipes will never bore you, and challenge you to create something delicious that they whole family will love.
From the moment you get your meal kit, it takes 30 minutes until the food is ready to be placed on the dinner table.
Without their help, it would probably take me hours to find the groceries, buy them, prep them, and cook them.
Plans & Pricing:
- The two person plan is perfect for couples. You can choose from 2 to 4 meals per week. Each meal ranges from $9 to $12.
- The three to four people plan is perfect for families, and what I love about this one is that sometimes you have leftovers to take to school or work the next day. Again, you can choose from 2 to 4 meals per week. Each meal ranges from $8 to $10.
- Delivery is free for any plan you choose.
Sign up now and get $30 off your first box! Feel free to make changes to your plan anytime.
Home Chef offers easy recipes with the freshest ingredients
Home Chef is another meal delivery service that will help you make dinner in approximately 30 minutes.
They offer more recipes than their competitors, so if you're a picky eater, Home Chef is right for you.
Make sure you try their Al Pastor Pork Flautus, it's heaven on a plate! This service also offers breakfast, a fruit basket, and a smoothie each week.
You can adjust your meals, skip a week, or pause your account whenever you need to. This was especially useful when my family and I went on a week-long cruise.
Home Chef is a team of qualified professionals who design your meals and send you the freshest ingredients. We all know a meal is only as good as its ingredients.
Now you can prepare your delicious home-cooked meal in approximately 30 minutes!
Plans & Pricing:
- Their meals cost almost $10 each, and you can choose from 2, 4, or 6 serving options.
- Their 5-minute lunches are cheaper, and cost around $8 per serving. You can add a fruit basket or smoothie to your order for as little as $5.
- Orders more than $45 ship free of charge.
Blue Apron delivers ingredients from trusted farmers
My youngest daughter is all about healthy eating and making sure we're supporting local farmers.
As a mother, the most important thing for me is having something to put in front of them.
I never thought too much about whether the meat I'm buying is antibiotic or hormone-free, but this is actually very important to consider. We are what we eat.
Blue Apron uses specialty ingredients that are oftentimes fresher than what you would find at a supermarket.
They do all that hard work at the grocery store for you, which is such a relief.
The most effort you and your family have to put is choosing for the delicious selection of meals designed by their professional chefs.
All your ingredients arrive in a refrigerated box right to your doorstep. If you have no idea how to prepare your next meal, they have loads of how-to videos and interactive recipe pages on their website.
They also offer delicious wine that's only $10 a bottle. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you for choosing Blue Apron!
Plans & Pricing:
- Their couples plan comes with the option of choosing 2 or 3 recipes per week. Each serving cost $10.
- Their four-person family plan comes with the option of choosing 2, 3 or 4 recipes per week. Each serving ranges from $8 to $9.
- And it's free delivery nationwide!